[Sigia-l] Fandango-Century Theater F__K Up

David Hoffer mcrate_s at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 20 17:10:25 EST 2002

<vent>
I purchased tickets to Lord of The Rings at approx. 5:15 for the 8pm
show. My nephew and I showed up at 7 and waited patiently in a rather
long line for an hour. (par for the course so far)

At about 7:40 a Century employee came by counting people. The line
began to move at about 5min to 8 and when the line stopped with maybe
10 people ahead of us and perhaps 70 behind just outside the ticket
gate we inquired why we were being held up. We were told that the movie
was playing in three theaters so we continued to wait. 20 minutes
later, we were told that the movie had been overbooked because (and
we're still not sure if this is the truth) Fandango had oversold
tickets. Then we waited impatiently in another line to attempt to get
our money back. Finally, after another 30 minutes in line, we were
given our money back.

This could be the worst customer experience I've had in a long time. If
the Century employee counted us, why didn't he inform us that the movie
had been overbooked? Why were we lied to about the movie being shown in
multiple theaters? Was the information we were given by the Manager
about Fandango having overbooked accurate? If so why? Have they not
integrated thier systems yet? Anyone know about the poor Fandango
integration?

When I went to the Century Web site to complain, I was given a form to
fill out and no direct contact at Century.

I got a form letter in return that didn't answer my questions. Again
poor customer service.
</vent>

So as Sgt. Esterhaus on Hill Street Blues used to say "Let's be careful
out there." It's our job to try and prevent this kind of shitty
service. If not us, who? If not now, when?

Dave Hoffer