[Sigia-l] Background skills and it effect on IAs

Tom Croucher tom at kid666.com
Mon Dec 16 09:53:41 EST 2002

I had a little look in the SIGIA-l Archives and it seems a while ago since
anyone discussed the backgrounds which IAs come from. As a student I am
curious to see where different IA have started their careers either
professional or academic, and what people pasts have brought to their
work. For example, would those people who were originally trained in
Library Sciences suggest that students should still look at traditional
methods or have things moved to a point where we don't have to any more?
How about those people who never took the route of academia what skills
have you brought from what some may consider an usual route into the
profession?

Please share you experiences.

Tom

--
"Microsoft aren't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems" -
Linus Torvalds

Visit http://www.kid666.com