[Sigia-l] making the case for field research for innovation

Lord, Ralph rsl3 at cdc.gov
Fri Dec 13 13:30:37 EST 2002

I might refer my management to obscure tinkerers like Thomas Edison or tiny
dry-goods purveyors like Proctor and Gamble and those backwaters of the auto
industry like Toyota, Ford, GM, Mercedes, etc.

All were/are known to have engaged in no small amount of field research and
last time I looked had invented a few things and sold a few gazillion
dollars worth of stuff.

Ralph Lord
TRW Systems
404.639.7382