[Sigia-l] Search engine marketing

Bernie Goldbach stripes at iol.ie
Thu Dec 5 04:30:56 EST 2002

Hi,

We train search engine optimisers but have found most of our students are actually bolting the search engine skillset onto their existing web development practises.

We also provide search engine placement services but our books are full at the moment. The most recent applicants are in the same market space as existing clients. We must honour noncompete clauses.

The core skill we use is thematic content creation focused on themes, brand names, taglines, catch phrases, morphemes and memes. We teach specific page syntax that delivers consistent results in Google, Excite, Inktomi, MSN and AOL. We show trainees how to set up and use Web Position Gold to monitor their work on a live site.

I like Danny Sullivan's Search Engine conferences but have discovered places to read the material on searchenginewatch.com several weeks before it surfaces there or in WatchFire.

Like others, I believe the field of search engines is full of moving targets. Knowing the discipline of IA keeps on off the slippery slopes so common in this field.

regards

Bernard Goldbach in Dublin +35318579227
work: www.xiblue.com [Search Engine Strategies]
write: www.topgold.com/blog [searchable for engines]