[Sigia-l] Story: Sell The Public Libraries!

Blake Carver lists at lisnews.com
Sat Aug 24 22:26:12 EDT 2002

I know this isn't 100% I.A. oriented, but I know there is a good number of
MLS's on this list, so I thought I'd share. It may cause your blood pressure
to rise, if you are a library lover.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/libraries.html

Llewellyn says many public libraries have been a disgrace for decades, and,
like most public institutions, they are architectural monstrosities.
"They have terrible hours, which they blame on underfunding. Their selection
is often severely limited, vacillating between being out of date and
carrying only the latest, tackiest bestsellers. Others have gradually purged
all books that offer ideas the ruling regime rejects."

It get's much worse.

Blake Carver
LISNews.com
Librarian and Information Science News