[Sigia-l] The question of a conference in Portland OR

David Heller hippiefunk at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 14 14:31:21 EDT 2002

I'm sorry, I just went to Expedia and got prices for both Seattle and
Portland and going from Amsterdam to both were the same price ... ~$550
r/t and in both cases required a stopover along the way. (I chose
amsterdam b/c I know the airport code by heart)

When you fly in the US, you NEVER pay for the extra leg, so long as it
is required to get there and it is under a 4 hour stop. In fact a
stopover is usually cheaper b/c it supports the hub-infrastructure of
our airline system.

BTW, the exact flights were almost the same ... AMS to ATL to PDX or SEA
on Delta ... You had an option of going through NYC for SEA.

I did notice that SAS has a direct flight to Seattle from Coppenhaggen
as AMS > Cope > SEA was also another option.

BTW, Portland has international flights to the far east on some
airlines, and connections through Hawaii and Anchorage for Far East
Flights as well.

-- Dave