[Sigia-l] The IA of writing (question)

Whitney Quesenbery wq2 at sufficiently.com
Mon Aug 12 13:17:07 EDT 2002

At 12:07 PM 8/12/2002 -0500, John Fullerton wrote:
>Could anyone recommend books that talk about writing in a way that is
>related to IA (even without reference to IA), or simply recommend books
>about writing?

I don't have my references with me, but there are several good books on
writing for structured information.

One to start with - especially the essay by Ginny Redish - is The Nurnberg
Funnel ed. by John Carroll.

There have also been a number of good articles on the subject in the STC's
Technical Communication Journal. There is also a list of books on technical
communication - including several on writing for online systems and/or
content management on the STC web site -http://www.stc.org/member_pubs.html

Whitney Quesenbery
whitneyq at acm.org
Usability Professionals' Association - www.upassoc.org