[Sigia-l] User experience taxonomy

mark.reuten at didata.com.au mark.reuten at didata.com.au
Tue Aug 6 22:27:27 EDT 2002

Is there anyone out there that has attemped to construct a taxonomy /
controlled vocabulary for the user experience, information architecture and
usability arena?

I think I might be in need of one! Over the last 4 years I have been
building a research archive which contains favorites, papers, presentations
and deliverables related to graphic design, interaction design, information
architecture, usability etc.... It contains about 3000 items and is
organized in a structure of 95 directories. As you might guess it is
getting harder and harder to find items when I need them.

I'm thinking of constructing my own personal information portal which would
allow me to add new items and classify them using a controlled vocabulary
and later find them using a taxonomy or search engine.

Has anyone already done something simular, is there a product out there
that already does this?

Thanks for the help!

Mark

This is my current directory listing:

Accessibility
Answers
Applications
Articles
Browsers
Card Sorting Tools
Case Studies
Collaborative Filtering
Competitive Analysis
Complex Problems
Conceptual Design
Content
Content inventory
Content Management
Context Analysis
Controlled Vocabularies
Cost Justification
CRM
Design
Document Design
Documentation
eCommerce
Email Marketing
Errors
Ethnography
Experience Design
Extreme Programming
Field Studies
Focus Groups
Font Size
Forms
Guidelines
Heuristics/Expert Review
HTML
Icons
Information Architecture
Information Design
Information Visualisation
Interviews
Intranet
Lab
Librarians
Log analysis
Meta Data
Metaphor
Methodologies & Frameworks
Misc
Multi Channel
Multilingual Design
Navigation
Opinions
Persona's
Personal Knowledge Management
Portals
Project Management
Project Plans
Prototyping
Questionnaires
Reporting
Requirements
Resource description framework
ROI
Scaling
Scenarios
Scoring
Scrolling
Sitemap
Stakeholders
Statistics
Stock Photography
Strategy
Style Sheets
Survey
Taxonomies
Team Work
Technology
Testing
Thesaurus Design
Topic Maps
Touch Point Analysis
Typography
Usability
Usability goals
Use Cases
User Centred Design
User Profiling
WAP
Way finding
Web Application Design
Wire Frames
Wizards
Writing
XHTML
XML

- NOTICE -
This message is confidential, and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete it immediately.

Internet communications are not secure. You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses.  Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or any attachments.