[Sigia-l] audience analysis

Susan Paulsen globalgrrl at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 29 16:10:39 EDT 2002

It depends upon your site/application, but here are some that I use...

- Task or Mode Based Usage Categories
- User Roles (i.e. Business Roles)
- Entitlements Based Categories
- Purchasing Habit/Motivation Categories
- Service Level Categories (i.e. commercial bank sites or subscription-based
sites)

When trying to determine the level of help and accelerators needed:
- Experience Level (novice/intermediate/power user)
- Frequency of Usage

A natural hierarchy arises out of the analysis.  For example, on an
intranet, you can start with User Roles, defining entitlements along the
way, and come up with a matrix of experience levels for each of those user
roles.

Susan Paulsen
UX Project Manager/IA
Business Edge Solutions