[Sigia-l] Where replies go - ADMIN

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Fri Apr 26 08:39:20 EDT 2002

The mailman software for SIGIA-L has some options on replies:

?  Where are replies to list messages directed? Poster is strongly
recommended for most mailing
The options available are: 1) to poster, 2) to list, or 3) to an explicit
address.

I have this set to #1, replies going to the "poster" so people don't
unintentionally post personal replies to the list.  We have all done that.

I will change this (for a test period) so that hitting the reply button
sends messages to the list.

I will change it back if there is a spate (that's a undefined number,
suitably vague) of obviously personal messages sent to the list.

Dick Hill