FIX! [Sigia-l] Corrupted Visio File Help

Mark Hines mhines at twohundredtwelve.com
Wed Apr 24 12:58:13 EDT 2002

Same problem here. Particularly with large vsd files. In addition to religiously "saving as" and versioning there are a couple of other things that might help:

1) "Restarting" Windows (2k in my case) at least once in the course of my day has virtually eliminated the crashes that were corrupting my files.

2) Whenever possible, instead of creating one large vsd file I now create smaller "chapter" files. Less data lost should a file get corrupted and they save a little bit faster.

3) If your bad about saving try Tools / Options... / Save Auto Recovery info.

      Mark Hines  .  twohundredtwelve°
     m 773 259 4962.  t 312 640 0700  .  www.twohundredtwelve.com