[Sigia-l] Card Sort Exercise suggestions?

Andrew Otwell andrew at heyotwell.com
Mon Apr 22 12:32:59 EDT 2002

Hey IA instructors! I'm doing a workshop this week with some students and I
could use a suggestion:

I want to do a card sorting exercise with them: break the class of 40 or so
into small groups with the same set of cards, have them organize and each
group present to the class, then we discuss.

I'm having trouble finding a site that lends itself to an hour or so of work
(so maybe 75 or so pages/cards). I want to avoid food topics or animal
topics, since this is a group of Swedish students, and for many people food
names and animal names are difficult to learn thoroughly. (I don't want to
go through the "tomato as vegetable or fruit" discussion with them,
either...)

Any suggestions for a good smallish set of content?

thanks

andrew