[Sigia-l] Redesigning e-commerce sites

Ashk, Adamya Adamya.Ashk at Staples.com
Mon Apr 15 17:02:06 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has sources of data that show how the redesign of an
e-commerce site affected the sales and other business metrics of that site?

By "redesign," I mean a widespread change in the visual reorganization of
the site pages. I do not mean changes in the basic functional mechanisms of
customer shopping and product hierarchy.

I am looking for specific examples and the metrics involved. Some of those
metrics may indicate increases in revenues, average order size, purchase
frequency and customer retention.

I would appreciate past experiences, facts and figures; basically anything
that would help to quantify the argument for and against a redesign.

Thanks in advance,

Adamya

: Adamya Ashk : Sr. Information Architect :adamya.ashk at staples.com :