[Sigia-l] XML format for faceted metadata

PeterV peter at poorbuthappy.com
Mon Apr 15 13:24:49 EDT 2002

Hi folks,
I've been working on an easy XML format for faceted metadata, that can be
shared over the net, imported and merged, so you can use other people's
published taxonomies to enrich your own taxonomy. It's based on topic maps
(http://topicmaps.org), but a lot simpler and aimed towards generating
navigation on websites.

A pretty haphazzard description is here:
http://poorbuthappy.com/ease/000040.html

Any thoughts on this? I know similar work is being done (by IBM amongst
others, I believe), but none seem to have the importability/mergability
(which is the coolest element of it) together with the simplicity I'm
aiming for.
PeterV
http://petervandijck.net