[Sigia-l] IA myths: conceptual model of navigation - was: mixing applesand oranges and tomatoes

Anne Hjortshoj anne at mindstorm.com
Fri Apr 12 12:43:40 EDT 2002

Hm. This discussion seems to point to page layout (interface design)
becoming ever-more-important in the practice of IA (since presenting the
user with the conceptual model of navigation may be less important than how
it's presented).

Which begs the question: will IAs be able to continue -without- addressing
page layout/interaction design? Is anyone currently practicing IA without
doing so?

I know that the core definition of IA leaves this out, and I'm fine with
that. But I'm not sure it's something that a practicing IA can safely
ignore.

-Anne