[Sigmed-l] SIG-MED Annual Meeting Activities

James E. Andrews jandrews at cas.usf.edu
Fri Oct 3 08:39:41 EDT 2008

Dear SIG-MED and ASIST Members,

SIG-MED would like to cordially invite you to attend the activities we
will be involved in or hosting during the Annual Meeting this year:

PLANNING AND FUN
Our planning meeting is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 27th, from 12-1:30.
Free Pizza will be provided. We will have discussions about current and
future SIG MED activities, new directions, and ideas for getting more
members interested and involved in our group.

SPONSORED SESSION: "Issues in the Transformation of Health and Medical
Information" Panelists: Tim Patrick, Paula Rhyner, Catherine Smith and
Deborah Swain.
Wednesday, October 29, 8:30.

CO-SPONSORED SESSION: "Enabling Multilingual Access in Digital
Libraries" Miguel Ruiz, Jiangping Chen, Douglas Oard, Noriko Kando,
Carol Peters and Allison Druin.
Wednesday, October 29, 3:30

A Dutch Treat Dinner is also being planned. Further information will be
shared via the SIG Wiki.

thanks, and see you all at ASIST.
Jim

--