[Sigmed-l] sessions and elections

Andrews, James jandrews at cas.usf.edu
Fri Nov 16 12:23:25 EST 2007

Hi all,
I haven't received any nominations for chair-elect thus far, and we need this information for the annual report. I am willing to serve two terms to help out unless someone has objections. I will gladly rescind this offer if someone is willing to self-nominate or has other ideas.

For sessions, I haven't received a report yet from the planning seesion, though the last message seemed to convey that there is positive feedback on collaborating with other SIGs. I talked with one or two others at AMIA and we thought that a session with SIG CR would be good, perhaps along the lines of "Ontologies in support of semantic interoperability". Hopefully, papers would demonstrate different contexts, including medical. For our own session, I can't remember what was suggested. Please share ideas.

Lastly, I am working on a site for the SIG, or rather have asked my GA if  she would get started on one as a way for her to learn HTML. I will share a link and solicit feedback in the coming weeks.

I am sending these notes to the entire list to try and ensure all SIG-MED members can get up to speed and hopefully increase participation. I hope to hear from many of you soon either through the list or individual emails.

Thanks,
jim