[Sigmed-l] AM 06 Hotel + General Election

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Mon Sep 18 13:53:42 EDT 2006

[Please excuse duplicate postings.  Dick Hil]

Note that the 2006 Annual takes place over election day.  Request an absentee ballot quickly.

We regret that the Hilton Austin is sold out for Friday, November 3 through Sunday, November 5.

We have blocked additional rooms for those nights at:
Austin Marriott at the Capitol
* 701 East 11th Street
* Austin, Texas 78701 USA
* Phone:   1-512-478-1111
* Fax:   1-512-478-3700
 We would very much like you to move to the Hilton for Monday through Wednesday (or whatever nights you need).  Our reasons are below.

Links to Both the Hilton and the Marriott are at:
http://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM06/hoteltravel.html

"Why You Should Stay at the Conference Hotel?

* Center of conference activity.
* Opportunity to network and socialize.
* Short “commute.” You can easily go back and forth between conference rooms and own room.
*  Carefully negotiated discounted room rate based on:
o the total conference service including workshops, tutorials, and plenary sessions.
o number of expected attendees.
o other factors such as experience with room usage at prior conferences.
* Good rates next year. Unfilled rooms can cost ASIS&T thousands of dollars. For the next conference, we cannot negotiate as beneficial a hotel contract, and the registration fee as well as the room rate might increase unreasonably.

Please support the conference and ASIS&T by staying at the conference hotel.  (Adapted from ACM)

Dick Hill

Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
(301) 495-0900