[Sighfis-l] FINAL Call for Panels for HFIS at ASIST 2005

Joe Tennis jtennis at interchange.ubc.ca
Tue Jan 18 14:49:42 EST 2005

FINAL CALL FOR PANELS

Hello all:

This is the final for panel sessions for HFIS for ASIS&T Annual Meeting
2005 in Charlotte, North Carolina.  Please forward and distribute as
you see fit.

We have two or three panels bubbling up.  And we have one or two
un-paneled papers.  Please let me know before Friday, January 21 so I
can forward them to the Conference Committee:

1) your panel title,
2) abstract, and
3) presenters (contact information too).

Thanks!

 From the earlier call:

WHAT: Technical sessions and panels:

Technical sessions and panels present topics for discussion such as
cutting-edge research and design, analyses of hot or emerging trends,
opinions on controversial issues, reports by practitioners on current
information science and technology projects, and contrasting viewpoints
from experts in complementary professional areas. Innovative formats
that involve audience participation are encouraged. These may include
panels, debates, forums, or case studies. Submissions should be in the
form of a short paper (approximately two pages, no smaller than 10-pt.
font), providing an overview of the issues, projects, or viewpoints to
be discussed by the panel. Submissions must include title, sponsor(s),
and names and affiliations of all participants (moderator, speakers,
reactors, etc.). The final versions of these submissions will be
published in the digital conference proceedings. Additional materials,
e.g., Powerpoint slides or short papers by individual presenters, will
be published in the digital conference proceedings at the author’s
request.

WHEN: Deadlines for Technical Sessions and Panels is January 21st, 2005

HOW: just submit to me your ideas (title, abstract, and people),
contact info, and I'll do the rest to submit