[Siged-l] AM programs

Candy Schwartz candy.schwartz at simmons.edu
Wed Jun 21 14:26:18 EDT 2006

Hi all -

We have had our four programs for AM all approved!

As always, we thank Barbara Wildemuth (University of North
Carolina) for two of them: "New Scholars: Student Paper Award
Recipients" and "Doctoral Seminar on Research and Career
Development". These are annual sessions at ASIST. The latter is
invitational, and a wonderful opportunity for doctoral students
to present their work and meet with leader scholars in their
fields.

The other two are:

"Long-Term Outcomes of Web-Based Distance Learning Programs in
LIS", moderated by Michelle M. Kazmer (Florida State University).
In addition to Michelle, the speakers will be Bruce Kingma
(Syracuse University),  June Lester (The University of Oklahoma),
and Linda Smith (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)

and

"The i-School Movement", moderated by Conference Chair Andy
Dillon (University of Texas, Austin), with a panoply of deanly
figures, including Harry Bruce (University of Washington),
Michèle Cloonan (Simmons College), John L. King (University of
Michigan), Debra J. Richardson (University of California,
Irvine), Linda Smith (University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign), Jim Thomas (Pennsylvania State University),
and Ray F. von Dran (Syracuse University).

Hope to see you all there - and fuller descriptions will be
available online anon.

Candy
Candy Schwartz
Library & Information Science, Simmons College
300 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115-5898, USA
Vox: 617.521.2849; Fax: 617.521.3192
Skype: candyschwartz
candy.schwartz at simmons.edu
http://web.simmons.edu/~schwartz/