[Siged-l] Confronting the Crisis in Library Education: A National Teleconference

Athena Hoeppner athena at mail.ucf.edu
Fri Jun 2 11:55:45 EDT 2006

Confronting the Crisis in Library Education: A National Teleconference
Hosted by ALA President Michael Gorman
Friday, June 9, 2006, 12:00 noon - 1:30 pm

Are today's library education programs doing an adequate job of training the next generation of librarians? Is there really a crisis in library education?
Whether you are a library educator, a library administrator seeking qualified candidates, a recent library school graduate looking for that first job, or a current or future library school student, we invite you to share your unique perspective on this topic that is of vital interest to our profession. Please join ALA President Michael Gorman and a panel of distinguished practitioners and educators in a national discussion and open forum.

Panelists include:
* Nancy Allen, Dean and Director of Penrose Library at the University of Denver, and principal investigator for major IMLS and LSTA grants for the Collaborative Digitization Program (CDP)
* John Budd, Professor and Associate Director in the School of Information Science and Learning Technology at the University of Missouri-Columbia
* Elaine Zaremba Jennerich, Director of Organization Development and Training for the University of Washington Libraries

To register, print and complete the Teleconference Site Registration Form <http://www.neflin.org/TeleconferencesJune/teleformjunea.pdf> and fax to 904-278-5625.