[Siged-l] Annual Mtg

Candy Schwartz candy.schwartz at simmons.edu
Thu Oct 13 13:44:00 EDT 2005

Hi all -

I am your incoming chair of SIG/ED, and I just wanted to drop everyone a
line before some of us head off to the annual meeting in Charlotte.

Our business meeting is scheduled for 7:30 - 9am on Tuesday morning in one
of the two SIG meeting rooms. There is no other SIG scheduled opposite, so
you have no excuse :-). We will try to meet only till 8:30 so as not to miss
the first session. Please come armed with ideas for 2006 sessions, and also
please come ready to volunteer. We need, among other things, a new incoming
chair, a representative to student-chapter-of-the-year, and a representative
to outstanding-teacher-of-the-year. If anyone wants to get in touch with me
before the meeting to volunteer, I would be thrilled.

On Tuesday at 1:30 be sure to check out the student paper winners session.
We also sponsor the invitation-only doctoral seminar where the most
promising students meet with peers and senior scholars. Our thanks to
Barbara Wildemuth and Javed Mostafa for organizing these.

All of us should attend "Distance Education: How Are We Doing and How Do We
Know", with Vicki Gregory, Rae-Anne Montague, June Lester, and Sam Hastings.
This is on Tuesday at 5.

If you have students who are attending the annual meeting, be sure to let
them know of the students-only party - they should e-mail me to get the
particulars. I sent e-mail to every student member, but there were some
incorrect e-mails, so just check with yoiur students. And if you are a
student chapter advisor, we meet at 5:15 on Monday.

Looking forward to seeing some of you in Charlotte, and if you are not
going, drop me a line and let me know if you have any ideas about what
SIG/ED could do for you outside of annual meetings.

Candy
Candy Schwartz
Co-Editor, Library & Information Science Research
Simmons College GSLIS, 300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115-5898, USA
Vox: 617.521.2849; Fax: 617.521.3192
candy.schwartz at simmons.edu