[Sigdl-l] microfilm scanning & capture

Jill Hurst-Wahl hurst at hurstassociates.com
Fri Aug 8 09:30:44 EDT 2008

Jody,

The people at the Northern New York Library Network (NNYLN,
http://www.nnyln.org), a library consortium in Potsdam, NY, have had three
microfilm scanners including manual and automatic scanners.  The person to
talk to about their equipment would be Tom Blauvelt.  Here's a blog post
about their latest scanner and a comment from Tom,
http://hurstassociates.blogspot.com/2007/11/mekel-mach-iv-microfilm-scanner-
at.html

You also asked about book scanners.  The Rochester (NY) Public Library owns
a Kirtas APT1200 and have been using it on older materials.  I "believe" the
University of Toronto has used a couple different book scanners.  I wrote a
blog post about their use of the Kirtas machine, but for some reason I think
they may have also tested another machine
(http://hurstassociates.blogspot.com/2005/03/impact-of-kirtas-book-scanner.h
tml).

Hopefully you know that there was a side-by-side comparison done in Germany
this summer of book scanners.  Links to info,
http://hurstassociates.blogspot.com/2008/07/results-of-side-by-side-demonstr
ation.html

Good luck!

Jill

Jill Hurst-Wahl
Connecting you & your content with the world.

Hurst Associates, Ltd., www.HurstAssociates.com
Digitization 101 blog,  www.Digitization101.com
eNetworking 101, www.eNetworking101.com

Tel: (315) 243-4403
AOL IM: jillNYS / Skype: jill.hurst.wahl