[Sigdl-l] Deadlines approaching: Best Practices Exchange 2007

Marisa Ramirez mramirez at lib.az.us
Tue Mar 6 16:39:05 EST 2007

Apologies for cross posting:

Don't miss out - only a few weeks left before deadlines close!

Register online now and join your colleagues from 21 different states that have already registered!
Fee: $180 Registration Deadline: April 2, 2007

Best Practices Exchange 2007: Libraries and Archives in the Digital Era http://www.bpexchange.org/ Wednesday, May 2 - Friday, May 4, 2007 Crowne Plaza San Marcos Hotel Chandler, Arizona

Join fellow librarians, archivists, records managers and other information professionals in this two and a half day collaborative exchange on managing and preserving digital state government information.

The Exchange consists of two facilitated large group sessions (an opening forum and a closing wrap-up), two guest speakers, seven small group topic-based exchange sessions, and an evening reception.

We are pleased to announce that we have both Brewster Kahle of the Internet Archive and Jeff Hatch-Miller of the Arizona Corporation Commission as our guest speakers this year.

The Exchange is only as good as you, the attendee, make it!  We encourage you to informally present your projects and experiences, successes, failures and lessons learned in a small group setting.  To present at this year's exchange, all you need to do is submit the title of your presentation and a short paragraph of description.  After that you have plenty of time to prepare!

Important Dates:
-Submit your Presentation by March 26, 2007 -Register for the Conference by April 2, 2007 -Book your Hotel Room by April 2, 2007

For more information on the Best Practices Exchange, including schedule, travel, hotel, registration and presentation information, visit: http://www.bpexchange.org/

Sara Muth
Digital Librarian
Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records smuth at lib.az.us