[Sigdl-l] SIG-DL Elections -- Please vote!

Suzie Allard slalla0 at pop.uky.edu
Tue Oct 22 22:22:10 EDT 2002

Hello ALL SIG DL members:

SIG-DL has two officer positions open this year: Chair-elect and
Secretary/Treasurer.

INSTRUCTIONS:  Check the box by the desired candidate to vote for that
candidate or use the write-in blank -- PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THE LIST!
Send your vote to Suzie Allard, slalla0 at uky.edu.

Please respond to this ballot via e-mail by Tuesday, October 29, 2001 before
5 pm (eastern time)  send your vote to: slalla0 at uky.edu

** Chair Elect **
The chair-elect, who automatically becomes chair in the
following year, works closely with the chair in planning and executing SIG
programs and serves as the Alternate SIG Cabinet Representative.  The
chair-elect will assume the duties and responsibilities of the chair in the
event of the chair's absence, resignation or removal from office.  In most
ASIST SIGs, the chair-elect assumes the primary responsibility for planning
the SIG's programs during the year, including the Annual Meeting.

The chair elect is also responsible for ensuring that the officers roster
for the year he/she will serve as chair is sent to the Cabinet Director and
Headquarters immediately following elections.

* Candidate:  Thomas F. Terrell

Education
1996  Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction, Specialization in
Instructional Systems; University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida

1981 M.A. in Educational Media and Instructional Technology;
University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida

1976  B.A. in Interdisciplinary Humanities & Fine Arts; Florida
Technological University, Orlando, Florida

Areas of Competence
Information Science, Information Design and Visualization, Digital
Libraries, Networking, Databases , School Media, Multimedia Production,
Video Production, Instructional Design, Distance Learning

Professional Experience
2000 - Present  Assistant Professor, University of South Florida - Tampa,
Florida
1999 - 2000  Visiting Assistant Professor  in the School of Library Science,
College of Arts and Sciences
1994 - Present  University of South Florida - Tampa, Florida;

Statement:
I am very interested in Digital Libraries for several reasons and from
several points of view. As a teacher I am pleased that we can offer
information to all learners from anywhere to anywhere. As an information
manager, I am pleased that we can offer different types of related materials
in one "place". We can link a recording of a piece of music, sheet music,
and criticism all through the access point of the computer.  We have the
opportunity to access dissimilar but related materials from different parts
of a single collection or from different collections on different
continents. Digital Libraries are clearly the next step on the mission of
information scientists; to facilitate knowledge.

* Candidate:  Write-in   ________________________________________________

** Secretary/Treasurer **
The secretary/treasurer is responsible for keeping the SIG records including
taking minutes at the SIG-DL meeting at the ASIST Annual Meeting.  This
position is also responsible for the SIG-DL fiscal records.

* Candidate:  Katherine McNeill-Harman

Education:
B.A., Women's Studies, Wesleyan University, 1995
M.S., Library and Information Science, University of Illinois, 2001

Employment:
Data Services Librarian, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Service:
Member of ASIST since 1999, member of SIG-DL since 2000
Coordinated SIG-DL programs for the 2002 Annual Meeting; organized and will
moderate "Foundations of Digital Libraries: Organizational and Management
Issues."

Statement:
I am a relatively new and eager member of SIG-DL, a "young Turk" as they're
called.  I would bring to the position organizational skills, experience in
nonprofit financial management, and above all enthusiasm.  I would value
the opportunity to serve SIG-DL as your Secretary/Treasurer.

* Candidate:  Write-in   ________________________________________________

ASIST SIG-DL Nominating Committee:
Suzie Allard, slalla0 at uky.edu
Allison Brueckner, abrueckner at cyber-state.org
Pascal Calarco, pvcalarc at vcu.edu

Suzie Allard, Presidential Fellow
University of Kentucky   (859)257-3771
College of Communications and Information Studies
520 King Library South, Lexington, KY  40506-0039
e-mail: slalla0 at uky.edu
homepage: http://sweb.uky.edu/~slalla0/