[Sigah-l] SIG Arts & Humanities Welcome and ASIST 2011 activities

Sarah Buchanan sarahab at ucla.edu
Mon Sep 12 10:04:17 EDT 2011

 <sigah-l at asis.org>Dear fellow members of SIG Arts & Humanities,

     Welcome to our new school year of activities in SIG Arts & Humanities.
I'm looking forward to meeting many of you this October in New Orleans and
I'd like to update you with some of our activities since our recent election
in May.

1. I submitted the SIG's annual report for 2010-2011 to SIG Cabinet and have
also posted the report on our revitalized website.

2. I've recently updated SIG AH's website with information and resources.
Please visit http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGAH/ and send me any suggestions,
comments, or items you would like to see posted. Many thanks to Joan
Beaudoin, original pages designer, and Jan Hatzakos for their assistance.

3. Former officers, please let me know of any and all additions to the SIG's
officer listing and/or past annual reports. I have consulted several sources
but some information remains missing.

4. Please mark your calendars to attend our SIG AH Planning Session at ASIST
2011 on either Monday or Tuesday, October 10 or 11 - I'll send out the final
time once it's scheduled. At this meeting, I'm interested in gathering your
input and ideas for future activities and/or session proposals for next year
in Baltimore. if you would like to join me as an officer, feel free to let
me know prior to or during the meeting.

5. Having received our SIG's most recent Financial Report at the 2010 SIG
Cabinet, I'd like to suggest some potential activities for the upcoming
months. There are projects and initiatives in the digital humanities arena
with great relevance to our SIG, and perhaps our membership could contribute
brief summaries of initiatives you are involved with or aware of. Also we
can create a pathfinder of "recommended readings." We could also coordinate
a joint meeting, outing, or event with SIG-VIS, as we have some overlap with
their interests. I'm looking forward to hearing your suggestions as well!

Thanks in advance for your input - see you in October!

Sincerely,
Sarah Buchanan
sarahab at ucla.edu

Chair, SIG Arts & Humanities, 2011 -
Archivist, Librarian, The Meadows School, Las Vegas, Nev.
Archivist, The Neon Museum
http://neonmuseum.org