[Sigah-l] SIG-AH re-activation

jrc0043 at unt.edu jrc0043 at unt.edu
Fri Feb 20 12:56:00 EST 2004

Thanks, Dick, Vanessa, and the others.

Since the response to SIG-AH re-activation is so positive and the email list I
received has about 100 people on it, it sounds like this is a viable project.
I will try to contact everyone on the list unless they contact me first, to
affirm their interest.  It would be nice to write up a SIG-AH history,
perhaps from the previous annual reports.

This should be our initial organizing documents, unless SIG-AH already has a
set of bylaws under which we should operate.

http://www.asis.org/AboutASIS/asis_sig_bylaws.html
http://www.asis.org/AboutASIS/sig_activity.html

"Mission" statement: at: http://www.asis.org/AboutASIS/asis-sigs.html#SIGAH

Arts and Humanities (AH)

SIG/AH explores the applications of information science to scholarship and
creative endeavors in the humanities and fine arts. Illustrative concerns
include the computerized storage and retrieval of text, image and sound; new
methods for the organization of scholarly work; bibliometric and other studies
of information dissemination; and the social structure of humanities and fine
arts disciplines. SIG/AH also has an abiding interest in the humanistic
implications of information technology and the information society.

E-mail list:  sigah-l(click here for instructions)

Organizing tasks

1.   Contact potential members to verify current ASIS&T membership status and
desired email address.

2.   Devise an updated SIG-AH bylaws document.and updated member list.

3.   Organize an officer election with ASIS&T approval (well before the annual
conference)

4.   Prepare an annual activity report (well before the annual conference)

5.   Set up a web site and link to ASIS&T SIG list, with ASIS&T approval.

6.   Organize a meeting (and program, if possible) during the annual
conference.

John Castledine
Chair,NT-ASIST
http://orgs.unt.edu/asis/