[Sig-l] ASIS&T SIG Cabinet Meeting 11/8: Agenda

KT Vaughan ktlv at email.unc.edu
Wed Nov 4 10:53:34 EST 2009

Hi all - I'm looking forward to seeing you or a representative from your
SIG at the Cabinet meeting this coming Sunday at 10am in Vancouver!
Please let me know who will be representing your SIG so that I can
establish how early in the meeting we're likely to have a quorum.  I'm
copying the agenda into this message - we have a lot to cover this year!
- KT Vaughan, SIG Cabinet Director 2007-2009

2009 SIG Cabinet
Meeting Agenda
Sunday, November 8, 2009 10-11:30am

1.      Roll call of SIGs: Please get a packet including your
certificates and SIG Advisors ballot, and sign in.

2.      Approval of the agenda

3.      Announcements

4.      Congratulations to the SIG Awards Winners, 2009:
·         SIG Member of the Year: Ingrid Hsieh-Yee (SIG ED)
·         SIG Publication of the Year: June/July 2009 ASIS&T Bulletin:
"Visual Representation, Search, and Retrieval: Ways of Seeing" (VIS)
·         SIG of the Year: SIG III (award to be given at the lunch on
Tuesday)

5.      Election of SIG Cabinet officers for 2009-2011 and SIG
representative to the ASIS&T Nominating Committee for 2009-2010. Please
see ballot and brief candidate bios in your packet.

6.      Update: Introduction to Information Science and Technology
collaborative book (Ralf Shaw and Chuck Davis)

7.      Action item: Name change for SIG MED to SIG HEALTH (Jim Andrews
and Cathy Blake)

8.      Action item: Restructuring SIG financials (Shelly Warwick and
Chris Landbeck)

9.      Discussion: Changes to structure of ASIS&T Annual Meeting
beginning in 2010 (Cathy Miller and Elaine Toms, AM2010 Conference Chairs)

10.  Discussion: Purpose of planning meetings and the All-SIGs Planning
Luncheon. Propose using the luncheon to do long-term planning and
brainstorming on membership development, recruitment, and retention.

11.  Recognition of SIG officers and SIG Cabinet Advisors: Special thank
you to outgoing SIG Cabinet Advisor Rafal Kasprowski and announcement of
election results

12.  Any other business

--

Do you have a comment, question, or suggestion for the library? Tell us:
http://bit.ly/3LzIEB. Praise and criticism are equally welcome!

KTL Vaughan, MSLS, AHIP
Pharmacy Librarian
UNC-CH Health Sciences Library

Clinical Associate Professor of Pharmacy
UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy

CB 7585
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7585
Phone: 919 966 8011
Fax: 919 966 5592
Email: ktlv at email.unc.edu
Blog: http://pharmacylibrarian.blogspot.com
Twitter: librariankt
Delicious: HSLPharmacy

~~ Connecting people everywhere with knowledge to improve health. ~~