[Sig-l] SIG Awards Deadlines: July 15 and August 15

KT Vaughan ktlv at email.unc.edu
Tue Jun 24 15:04:46 EDT 2008

Hi SIG leaders!

This is a reminder that the annual SIG awards deadlines are looming.

First up is the SIG Publication of the Year award, due July 15th.  See
http://www.asis.org/awards/sigpublicationoftheyear.html for information
about this, including criteria, a link to the submissions page, etc.
Note that the eligible time is for July 1st, 2007 through June 30, 2008
- so if you have a publication just sitting around waiting for release
now is the time to send it out!  From the award criteria:
"Any type of SIG Publication is eligible, including newsletters,
transactions, directories, or other publications. To be considered, a
publication must be in a format that is readable/usable by the jury
members. Any electronic and/or self-published material should be sent to
HQ in order to be considered."  NOTE: This INCLUDES websites!

SIG Member of the Year nominations are due August 15th.  See
http://www.asis.org/awards/sigmemberoftheyear.html for more
information.  We have not awarded a SIG Member of the Year award since
2005, so I know there are lots of you out there who are eligible.

SIG of the Year nominations are due August 15th.  There has been a lot
of confusion about this process.  YOUR SIG'S ANNUAL REPORT IS ALSO DUE
AUGUST 15TH EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT NOMINATING YOUR SIG FOR THE AWARD.
There are financial implications for SIGs who neglect to turn in an
annual report on time (or at all).  The current Annual Report form is
online at http://www.asis.org/SIG/sig_activity.html.  Note that I hope
to have this revised before August 1st so that it is a bit more streamlined.

We are in full planning mode for the annual meeting in October.  Note
that the preliminary program is up, and I believe early registration is
also open.  Looks to be a really interesting conference!

Please let me or your "shepherd" know if you have
questions/comments/concerns.  I'll see you in Columbus!
KT Vaughan
ASIS&T SIG Cabinet Director

PS: Sorry to shout.  :)

--
KTL Vaughan
Pharmacy Librarian

Clinical Assistant Professor of Pharmacy
School of Pharmacy

CB 7585
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7585
Phone: 919 966 8011