[Neasis-l] FW: join us for awards dinner on 6/2 at 6:30 PM

Remlee Green remlee at MIT.EDU
Tue May 26 15:36:33 EDT 2009

Spots are still open for the NEASIS&T Awards Dinner next Tuesday!  Hope to
see you there!

Cheers,
Remlee

-----Original Message-----
From: neasis-l-bounces at asis.org [mailto:neasis-l-bounces at asis.org] On Behalf
Of Christine Quirion
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2009 3:58 PM
To: neasis-l at asis.org
Subject: [Neasis-l] join us for awards dinner on 6/2 at 6:30 PM

Registration is now open!

Join us for the Annual Awards Dinner at the MIT Faculty Club! We'll be
presenting the Chapter Member of the Year and the Student Member of the Year
Award. Our after dinner speaker this year is Kevin Brooks.

Telling Stories - Telling Technology
We know about stories read to children, performed in plays and witnessed on
TV and in movies. We know about family stories told around the kitchen table
or at the feet of an elder. But what of stories told every day in our work
place? How can we use stories strategically to convey what matters to us -
be it science, technology, information, or culture? Perhaps a better
question is, how can we not. Humans are natural born storytellers, in
thought, memory and speech. If we can break our pre-conceived notions of the
proper use of stories, then we could see stories and their companion
practices applied widely to our daily lives. In this talk, Kevin will share
how he came to be a storyteller and apply those skills in and out of a
fortune 500 company.

Cost:
$55.00 for Non-members
$35.00 for ASIST members and their significant others
$25.00 for students or retired ASIST members

You must register via this link: http://neasist.wordpress.com/

Kevin received his Ph.D. in Media Arts and Sciences from the MIT Media Lab,
where his area of research was computational narrative and interactive
cinema.  Kevin has also studied engineering, computer science, creative
writing and film production as an undergraduate, receiving a BS in
Communications from Drexel University and an MA in Documentary Film from
Stanford University.

Dinner
Salad:
Fresh Mozzarella Salad with Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Basil, Lolla Rosa Greens,
and White Balsamic Vinaigrette

Entree:
Vegetable samosa with cucumber riata, lemongrass scented jasmine rice and
snap pea medley
or
Roast Breast of Chicken Stuffed with Spinach, Mushrooms, and Mozzarella Fire
Charred Tomato Sauce

Dessert:
Classic Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlée with Chantilly Cream and Fresh Berries

Schedule

6:30-7:00 pm	 Cocktails
7:00-7:45 pm 	Dinner
7:45-9:00 pm	 Awards Presentations followed by our guest speaker, Kevin
Brooks.