[Neasis-l] Last Chance to Register: Photoshop for Info Professionals -- Nov. 15th

GSLIS CE2 gslisce2 at simmons.edu
Fri Nov 7 14:43:15 EST 2008

Photoshop for Information Professionals

Saturday, November 15, 2008
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Simmons College, One Palace Road Bldg
Cost: $160 (Simmons GSLIS Alum $125)
PDPs: 3.5

Do you have digital images that you would like to post on your
organization's website or on your personal one? If so, this class is for
you!

This hands-on workshop will teach you how to use Adobe Photoshop to
create web graphics. We will examine image resolution for web images vs.
print images; and we will work with the web's two most important graphic
file formats, GIF and JPEG. You will learn how to create the
best-looking web images with the lowest file sizes possible. Through
step-by-step, hands-on exercises, you will learn the techniques for
sizing and cropping photographs, making color adjustments, using
web-safe colors, working with type and layers, creating GIF images with
simple transparency, and creating navigation devices, such as banners,
buttons, triangles and navigation bars.

Faculty:Kathleen Horton, Instructional Designer at Fidelity Investments,
Boston; misshorton at aol.com

Only six spaces remain so please register soon. For additional
information see http://www.simmons.edu/gslis/continuinged/workshops/ or
contact gslisce at simmons.edu.

--
Kris Liberman '87LS