[MNASIS-L] Career Opp-US-MN-UX Architect-UnitedHealth Group

Steve L Eisman steve_l_eisman at uhc.com
Tue Oct 25 13:42:52 EDT 2005

Ingenix is one of the largest health care information and research companies in
the industry. No one competitor offers the same breadth of products and services
as Ingenix. In fact, our competitors strive to copy what we have done. We offer
the most comprehensive set of data, technology and analytic capabilities. The
power of our products and services help customers leverage information assets,
enhance clinical and financial insight, increase the quality of health care
delivery and administration and improve cost management.  It is a part of the
UnitedHealth Group organization.  UnitedHealth Group is an innovative leader in
the health and well-being industry, serving approximately 55 million Americans.
Through our family of companies, we contribute outstanding clinical insight with
consumer-friendly services and advanced technology to help people achieve
optimal health.  Find out more, by exploring this newly created career
opportunity in our Eden Prairie, MN location.

Ingenix has an opportunity for a Principal User Experience Architect to capture,
analyze, and design the user experience across the entire portfolio of Ingenix
product offerings (~100 products serving and connecting all aspects of the
healthcare system). Reporting directly to the Senior Director, User Experience &
Design, this individual will drive design innovation and customer loyalty at
Ingenix by capturing the articulated and unarticulated needs of customers,
establishing the business case and value proposition for user experience design
initiatives, analyzing the user experience of current products to identify key
problems and opportunities, and designing the information architectures,
interaction models, and visual identity for our products.  This position will
require close coordination with product management teams, sales and marketing,
and engineering teams.

Core responsibilities will include:

·   Active in full product development lifecycle, from early product
requirements definition, to development of best-of-breed user interface design,
to on-going monitoring and evaluation of customer satisfaction and effectiveness
·   Conducts user research to discover the articulated and unarticulated needs
of customers and translates these needs into user personas, scenarios,
information architectures, interaction models, and design concepts for key
participants in healthcare (providers, payers, employers, consumers, etc.)
·   Drives the definition of user experience design requirements for assigned
projects
·   Establishes and enforces a consistent visual identity across all Ingenix
product lines
·   Works with product development teams across Ingenix to ensure that we are
responding to customer demands
·   Serves as a catalyst in driving a culture of innovation and teamwork
centered on the needs of our customers
·   Develops products and services that meaningfully and materially impact the
health and well-being of the nation

Candidates will possess:

·   Bachelors (or higher) degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction
Design, or related field, or significant directly-related experience
·   6+ years of experience in providing usability and design support for
significant commercial products
·   Ability to develop high impact designs that can be practically implemented
·   Ability to understand and articulate complex design problems in a manner
that drives idea generation and market-impactful solutions
·   Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly
between different projects in a fast-paced environment
·   Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools, such as Visio,
Flash, and Photoshop
·   Demonstrated ability to prioritize work efforts and ensure tasks are
completed on schedule
·   Excellent communication skills, including the ability to translate complex
ideas into simple visual concepts that can be easily understood by both
technical and non-technical audiences
·   Demonstrated ability to challenge conventional wisdom including: adapting
standard user-centered design practices to accommodate a fast-paced product
development environment and talent for discovering and inventing new, more
effective and more efficient approaches to user experience design

Interested, apply online –  http://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/careers -  to
position #145493 or email to Steve Eisman @ steve_l_eisman at uhc.com  -
referencing MNASIS in the Subject.

Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V