[Eurchap] Welcome mail to ASIST EC members

Christan Schlögl christian.schloegl at uni-graz.at
Sat Nov 14 03:49:48 EST 2009

Dear colleague,

On behalf of the recently constituted board of ASIS&T European Chapter
(EC) Isto and I would like to welcome you very much. As you can see also
from EC's website (see http://www.asis.org/Chapters/europe/about.htm ),
the current board consists of the following members:

Chair:
Christian Schloegl, University of Graz, Institute of Information Science
and Information Systems

Chair-elect:
Isto Huvila, University of Abo, Department of Information Studies

Assembly representative:
Tatjana Aparac-Jelusic, University of Zadar, Department of Library and
Information Science

Alternate assembly representative:
Peter Ingwersen, Royal School of Library and Information Science/CIS,
Department of Information Studies

Chapter Advisors:
Emil Levine
Michel J. Menou, City University London, Department of Information Science
Julian Warner, Queens University, Queen's University Management School

Student Chapter Chair:
Cathal Hoare, University of Cork, Department of Computer Science

Web master:
Boris Bosanc(ic', J.J. Strossmayer University, Faculty of Philosophy,
Department of Information Sciences

As you have probably remarked, one basic concern in the formation of
EC's board was that all major European regions should be covered. The
main idea behind was that already at board level a Europe-wide
information exchange should take place.

For the following year we have planned the following activities:
- revision of ASIS&T EC's website
- organization of sections in (European) conferences
- appointment of (active) country representatives
- strengthening ties with other sister societies like Euclid or Eblida
- active participation (with)in ASIS&T.

If you have any other ideas / suggestions / wishes, please do not
hesitate to contact us. EC can only be as active as its members are. In
this sense we are looking forward a fruitful cooperation.

With kind regards,
Isto & Christian