[Asis-standards] 2016 Votes (2)

TIMOTHY DICKEY tdickey1 at kent.edu
Wed Nov 2 08:36:19 EDT 2016

Good morning,

Here is a vote to CONFIRM on both of these five-year reviews.

I must say that the ISO 9707 publication statistics standard feels weaker
now, moreso than its last incarnation. They deliberately put off a decision
on how to include electronic book statistics until the next five-year
systematic review, and they still blithely consider the "title" to be the
unit of publication (which files in the face of both the publishers'
practice of assigning ISBNs and librarians' even more complex practice of
parsing differences between entities in bibliographic description).
However, my objections do not rise to the level of a vote to withdraw, and
I certainly do not have a "national expert" to nominate for revisions at
this stage.

All best,
timothy

Timothy J. Dickey, Ph.D., MLIS.

tdickey1 at kent.edu
(614) 785-1632

   [1]tdickey1 at kent.edu
   (614) 785-1632
[...]
     information when adding Experts to working groups: The Expertâs full name
[...]
     Â  Â /2016 - If the vote is to revise and you want to be on the committee
     or know
        someone who  would make a good member get me the contact details
     (and of
     Â  Â course that persons agreement if its not you)

References

   1. mailto:tdickey1 at kent.edu
   2. mailto:needleman_mark at yahoo.com
   3. mailto:Asis-standards at asis.org