[Asis-standards] 2 upcoming votes in January

Mark Needleman needleman_mark at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 25 18:45:28 EST 2016

Folks there are 2 Upcoming votes in ISO due at different dates In January 2017

1) N921, NWIP, Guidelines for Bibliographic references and citations to information

This ballot replaces the one previously sent, which was incomplete. Please resubmit your vote and any accompanying comment.

This International Standard gives guidelines for the preparation of bibliographic references. It also gives guidelines for the preparation of citations in Latin scripts in works that are not themselves primarily bibliographical. It is applicable to bibliographic references and citations to all kinds of information resources, including but not limited to monographs, serials, contributions, patents, cartographic materials, electronic information resources (including research datasets, databases, computer software and social media), music, recorded sound, prints, photographs, graphic and audiovisual works, and moving images. It is not applicable to machine-parsable citations. It is also not applicable to legal citations, which have their own standards.

This International Standard does not prescribe a particular style of reference or citation. The examples used in this International Standard are not prescriptive as to style and punctuation.
Annexes A and B make reference to the relevant clause(s) of this International Standard which explain the requirements for referencing or citing printed and electronic information resources. Annex C gives examples of bibliographic references that comply with this International Standard.

If the US votes to approve this as a new project, we are expected to name AT LEAST ONE EXPERT who will work on this standard's development. If you would like to nominate someone, please include the name and contact information in your comments, we are now also required to provide particular information when adding Experts to working groups: The Expert’s full name and e-mail address, a salutation (Dr., Ms., etc.) as well as one of the following Stakeholder Categories:

Industry and Commerce
Government
Consumers
Labour
Academic and Research Bodies
Standards Application
Non-governmental Organization (NGO)

If anyone wishes to be on this committee or knows some who would make a good member let me know

Comments and a recommendation for a vote due by 1/11/17 - no matter how we vote we are required to provide a justification for why we believe this New work Item if developed into a standard will or will not be used in the US

2) ISO/FDIS 15836-1, Information and documentation -- The Dublin Core metadata element set -- Part 1: Core elements
Do you approve the technical content of the final draft?

This is a ballot for the TC46/SC4 draft standard, ISO/FDIS 15836-1, Information and documentation -- The Dublin Core metadata element set -- Part 1: Core elements.

This document establishes 15 core metadata elements for cross-domain resource description. These terms are part of a larger set of metadata vocabularies maintained by the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative. Properties in the /terms/ namespace are included in ISO 15836-2.

This document does not limit what might be a resource. This document does not provide implementation guidelines. However, the elements are typically used in the context of an application profile which constrains or specifies their use in accordance with local or community-based requirements and policies

Comments and a recommendation for a vote needed by 1/22/2107

Relevant documents attached

Happy Holidays everyone

Mark