[Asis-standards] NISO vote

Mark Needleman MNeedleman at flvc.org
Mon Oct 19 08:01:15 EDT 2015

Folks

hearing no objections I just voted YES on the approval of

NISO Z39.96-201x, JATS: Journal Article Tag Suite (1.1)

Reminder - 2 more votes coming up

1)  Call for P-member bodies to participate in ISO 3166/MA
if anyone is interested in participating in this or knows someone who would make a good member I need contact details by

10/29/2015

2)  New work item proposal: Emergency preparedness and response for cultural heritage

I read the exiting standard for libraries and archival materials and if the standard for cultural heritage material is going to be anythin like it I would recommend a NO vote - its not a bad document but more of a set of common sense recommendations that an actual standard

I would appreciate it if someon had the time to look the library standard over and either concurr or disagress with my thoughts on it

Comments needed by 11/4/2015

Mark