[Asis-standards] FW: IMPORTANT: Please review your vote on the WARC standard and consider changing to REVISE - deadline September 8

Mark Needleman-UF mneedlem at ufl.edu
Wed Sep 3 09:25:09 EDT 2014

FYI - anyone have thoughts on this?

mark

From: Cynthia Hodgson [mailto:hodgsonca at verizon.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 9:19 AM
To: eowens at aip.org; nancy-e-kraft at uiowa.edu; mstanton at atla.com;
mneedlem at ufl.edu; mike.dicus at exlibrisgroup.com; amy.kirchhoff at ithaka.org;
swans062 at umn.edu; mhlava at accessinn.com
Subject: IMPORTANT: Please review your vote on the WARC standard and
consider changing to REVISE - deadline September 8

On the systematic review ballot for ISO 28500:2009, Information and
documentation - WARC file format, you voted to confirm the standard.

Two of our voters are recommending a REVISE vote and have provided comments
on why they feel this is needed. The Library of Congress is an extensive
user of this standard and feels very strongly about the need to revise. They
have heard that France and the UK may also be voting to Revise.

I have re-opened the ballot to allow all voters to reconsider their votes.
In light of the comments received, we are recommending that you change your
vote to REVISE. The ballot is open until end of day on Monday, September 8.

http://www.niso.org/apps/org/workgroup/tc46ballots/ballot.php?id=543

Cynthia Hodgson

Technical Editor / Consultant

National Information Standards Organization

hodgsonca at verizon.net

301-654-2512