[Asis-standards] one more ISO vote

Mark Needleman mneedlem at ufl.edu
Mon Apr 29 08:12:05 EDT 2013

Folks

there is one more ISO vote due by the end of the week

  ISO/CD 5127, Information and documentation -- Vocabulary ( note the
title on the cover page is wrong)

its a revision of a document that was originally published in 2001

I think i already distributed this but ive attached a copy in case i forgot

Ive looked through it (its over 300 pages long) - it seems pretty
innocuous and i cant imagine it having much impact (although i could be
wrong)

the description from the NISO web site is:
This standard provides the basic terminologies and their definitions in
the field of information and documentation, which promotes knowledge
sharing and information exchange in the domain of information and
documentation.

Since this standard provides the key definitions that other standards in
the TC46 portfolio will often refer to, you are encouraged to thoroughly
review and comment on this draft. Comments can include the addition of
terms and definitions that you feel are missing from the standard in
addition to comments on what is included.

A copy of the draft standard is available for download from the ballot
webpage and the link in the announcement e-mail. NOTE: The title on the
draft standard is incorrectly listed as Information and documentation —
Records management systems — Fundamentals and vocabulary. That is the
title of another published standard (ISO 30300). The text of the draft
standard, however, is the correct text for this ballot.

Your voting options are:
Yes - approve for advancement to DIS stage (comments optional and may be
editorial or substantive)

No - do not approve for advancement to DIS (comments required and should
be substantive)

Abstain from voting (comments optional)

if anyone has any strong feeling about this let me know by 5/2 -
otherwise my inclination is just to vote YES

mark