[Asis-l] ASIS&T and #GivingTuesday

Yolande Nanayakkara yolande at asis.org
Fri Nov 18 09:07:30 EST 2016

Subject:  ASIS&T to Participate in #GivingTuesday

Something magical happens when we tell a person that they matter.  That they
are important.  It changes their lives by empowering them.  And the
wonderful thing is - we all can make this magic happen.

There is nothing more magical than having the world open to you through
Information Science. Unfortunately, technology is not available to everyone.
ASIS&T believes we can make a magical impact in one day. As a community, we
can do this by supporting an organization that provides technology to
philanthropic organizations, nonprofits and libraries around the world
through #GivingTuesday, this November 29th.

 <https://www.givingtuesday.org/> #GivingTuesday is a special call to action
to create a global day of giving that brings diverse organizations and
communities around the world together to give back. Last year 700,000 people
participated and raised $116 million in over 70 countries.

The ASIS&T Board of Directors has selected  <http://www.techsoupglobal.org/>
TechSoup Global to partner with on this initiative. TechSoup Global provides
software products to nonprofits, charities and libraries around the world.

Please go to the  <https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/1426356> TechSoup
Global donation page to make your donation. Please make sure to indicate
that this is for #GivingTuesday in the Donation Program Designation field.

If every member just gave $50, we could make a powerful global contribution.

Please join ASIS&T for #GivingTuesday by
<https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/1426356> donating on November 29th

Thank you for your generous support!

Yolande Nanayakkara

Communications Officer