[Asis-l] FW: Editorship Changes at Information Processing and Management

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Wed Jan 27 09:33:17 EST 2016

[Forwarded]

From: Bernard J. Jansen [mailto:bjansen at qf.org.qa]

Hi!

As of 1 January 2016, I'm the editor-in-chief of Information Processing and
Management.

Information Processing and Management is one of the flagship journals for
the fields of information science, including information retrieval and
information searching.

The journal has a great team of associate editors, who are Hideo Joho
(University of Tsukuba, Japan), Christina Lioma (University of Copenhagen,
Denmark), Ian Ruthven (University of Strathclyde, Scotland United Kingdom),
and Liwen Vaughan (The University of Western Ontario, Canada). I believe
IP&M is fortunate to have such a diverse set of impactful researchers as
Associate Editors!

The Information Processing and Management Editorial Board
(http://www.journals.elsevier.com/information-processing-and-management/edit
orial-board/) is a fantastic group of researchers who will work to ensure
the highest standards of research for the journal.  This is evident in the
time to publication for the journal, with a manuscript being through the
review and production process in as little as 60 days. This is faster than
many outlets in the information science field and much quicker than any
conference that I know of.

A complete presentation of the Information Processing and Management scope
and aims is online
(http://www.journals.elsevier.com/information-processing-and-management/).
If your research topic is not listed, please reach out to me. I want
Information Processing and Management to be a welcoming home for broad range
of research areas in our field, including information searching, information
retrieval, computational advertising, social computing, web analytics, human
computing interaction, and health informatics.

Also, a big thanks to Fabio Crestani, the outgoing editor-in-chief, who has
excelled at leading the journal. His contribution to the field is
considerable and greatly appreciated! Fabio, as well as former
editor-in-chief, Tefko Saracevic, are maintaining their involvement with the
journal as Editorial Board members.

I am really looking forward to this challenge and opportunity of taking
Information Processing and Management to its next exciting chapter.
Consider Information Processing and Management as an outlet for your
research manuscripts.

Best,

Jim

  _____

Jim Jansen | Qatar Computing Research Institute, HBKU | Doha, Qatar |
Internet Research http://goo.gl/X41FKD  |

Po Box 5825 | Attn: Jim Jansen |  Floor 13 | Tornado Tower, West Bay |
Email: jjansen at acm.org <mailto:jjansen at acm.org>  |URL: http://goo.gl/0vas4
<http://goo.gl/0vas4H>  |