[Asis-l] SL Journal Club; Reflective infolit student reports; 19 Feb

Sheila A Webber s.webber at sheffield.ac.uk
Sun Feb 17 11:11:29 EST 2013

The next meeting of the information literacy Journal Club that takes
place in the virtual world, Second Life, is on Tuesday 19th February
at noon SL time (which is the same as Pacific time,
http://tinyurl.com/ahvqnze for times elsewhere).

The discussion, led by me, will be on this open-access article:
McKinney, P., and Sen, B. (2012). Reflection for learning:
understanding the value of reflective writing for information literacy
development. Journal of Information Literacy, 6(2),
http://ojs.lboro.ac.uk/ojs/index.php/JIL/article/view/LLC-V6-I2-2012-5

Everyone is welcome to join the one-hour discussion. You need a SL
avatar and the SL browser installed on your computer.
The location for the discussion is on Infolit iSchool, Second Life,
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Infolit%20iSchool/106/208/30/

To start things going, I have put together a powerpoint highlighting
some key points in the article:
http://www.slideshare.net/sheilawebber/slides-highlighting-key-points-in

Additionally, The same paper was discussed by the online blog-post
journal club last week, and you can see the discussion here:
http://infolitjournalclub.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/online-journal-club-13th-february-ilread.html
--
Sheila Webber, Senior Lecturer & Director of the Centre for
Information Literacy Research, Information School, The University of
s.webber at sheffield.ac.uk
Phone: +44 114 222 2641
Second Life & Twitter: Sheila Yoshikawa
The Information Literacy Weblog http://information-literacy.blogspot.com/