[Asis-l] [Fwd: [iiep-virtualuniversity] UNESCO/IIEP forum on Open Educational Resources - final report]

Michel J. Menou Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr
Thu Apr 6 06:04:54 EDT 2006

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	[iiep-virtualuniversity] UNESCO/IIEP forum on Open Educational
Resources - final report
Date: 	Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:49:45 +0200
De: 	Susan D'Antoni <s.dantoni at iiep.unesco.org>
Répondre à: 	virtual.university at iiep.unesco.org
Pour: 	<iiep-virtualuniversity at communities.unesco.org>

Dear Colleagues,

You may remember that I wrote to you last August to inform you about an
Internet discussion forum organised by UNESCO's International Institute
for Educational Planning (IIEP), with support from the William and Flora
Hewlett Foundation, on the subject of Open Educational Resources (open
content for higher education).  I am contacting you now as follow-up to
the forum and to inform you of the release of the final report.

The forum, which was intended to support information exchange and
reflection on the potential of Open Educational Resources (OER) for
higher education, took place over a six-week period in October and
November 2005, and attracted almost 500 participants from 90 countries.
The vibrant debate - more than 700 messages were exchanged - benefited
from the expert input of some of the most innovative and committed OER
practitioners and advocates.

The highlights of that debate have been captured in the forum report,
which you will find attached to this message.  It is
also available online on the project web site, at
http://www.unesco.org/iiep/virtualuniversity/forumsfiche.php?queryforumspages_id=23.
Please do forward the report to anyone that you feel may be interested
by this topic.

Informal discussion is continuing in an ongoing Community of Interest,
which is open to new members.  A second formal forum will be held
jointly with OECD in late 2006.  You can find more information about the
forum and ongoing community at
http://www.unesco.org/iiep/virtualuniversity/forums.php.  To join
the community, please send a request
to virtual.university at iiep.unesco.org
<mailto:virtual.university at iiep.unesco.org>.

I hope that the report may prove to be of interest to you.

Best regards,

Susan