[Asis-l] Faculty position - Univ. of Texas at Austin, School of Information

Don Turnbull donturn at ischool.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 17 12:20:03 EDT 2004

The School of Information at The University of Texas at Austin invites
applications for full-time, tenure-track positions, anticipated to
start in Fall 2005.

We seek faculty members who can bring vision and commitment to our
mission to become a leader in the dynamic field of information studies.
Rank will be determined on the basis of qualifications and experience.
Candidates should possess strong theoretical and technical skills in
the broad area of information studies. The School has research and
teaching interests in Information Architecture, Librarianship, and
Preservation of the Cultural Record. We are seeking candidates with
excellent research and teaching abilities and a commitment to shaping
the future of the school and the discipline. While we are open to
applications in any area, we especially welcome faculty who can enhance
our offerings in digital preservation and electronic records.

Candidates must hold a doctorate in a field that is relevant to their
area of research and be able to clearly articulate a research agenda
that fits with the School's core areas of focus.  Senior candidates
must demonstrate a record of obtaining and directing funded research
projects and of mentoring new scholars. Deadline for applications is
open but highest priority will be given to applications received by
December 1, 2004.

For complete information, visit www.ischool.utexas.edu.  Direct
inquiries and applications, including the names of three references,
to:  Dr. David B. Gracy II, Chair of Search Committee, School of
Information, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station
D7000, Austin, Texas, 78712-0390; email: gracy at ischool.utexas.edu. The
University of Texas at Austin is an equal opportunity employer.