[Students-l] FW: ASIST Midwest Regional Chapters Conference Sept. 8, 2017

Irene Lopatovska ilopatov at pratt.edu
Thu Aug 10 12:47:37 EDT 2017

Greetings, Midwest Colleagues!

I am delighted to let you know that registration for the 2017 ASIST Midwest
Regional Chapters Conference
<https://www.asist.org/events/asist-regional-meeting/asist-midwest-regional-
conference/>  is available.

The event is taking place Friday, Sept. 8 at the new Main Branch of Columbus
(OH) Metropolitan Libraries, with keynotes by Patrick Losinski (CEO,
Columbus Libraries) and Lynn Sillipigni Connaway (Senior Research Scientist,
OCLC and ASIST President) and three panels on the Right to Be Forgotten,
Evolving Service Landscapes for Academic and Public Librarians, and Big Data
Management and Digital Privacy.

Please forward to your chapters, colleagues, and students. We hope to offer
hospitality and to see many of you in Columbus!

We are also looking for up to 5 student volunteers to help out with the 2017
ASIS&T Midwest Regional Conference on Friday, September 8 in Columbus, Ohio.
We will need help with the registration table, meal set-up/take-down, and
session assistants. For volunteering, you will receive free registration for
the conference, including meals. Please include the following information
with your application:

*	Name
*	School, Expected graduation date, Area of focus
*	75-word essay on how you would use the experience gained and
information learned at this conference in your future career.

Submit your application by August 16th (or any questions) to
pwillke at kent.edu <mailto:pwillke at kent.edu> . Chosen volunteers will be
notified by the end of the month.

All best,

timothy