[Students-l] Fwd: [Asis-l] The Faculty of Information at the University of Toronto invites applicants for entry into our doctoral program in Fall 2015

Michel Menou michel.menou at orange.fr
Tue Dec 23 07:43:37 EST 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Asis-l] The Faculty of Information at the University of
Toronto invites applicants for entry into our doctoral program in Fall 2015
Date: 	Sun, 21 Dec 2014 13:39:15 +0000
From: 	Christoph Becker <christoph.becker at utoronto.ca>
To: 	asis-l at asis.org <asis-l at asis.org>

The Faculty of Information at the University of Toronto invites
outstanding applicants for entry into our 2015-16 doctoral program.  An
intellectually diverse and rich environment, the Toronto iSchool is an
ideal place to pursue groundbreaking research about information,
technology and people.

We welcome applicants who demonstrate intellectual curiosity in any area
related to our fields. This year we are particularly keen on hearing
from applicants whose interests align with the following research areas:

- Digital Curation

- Information Systems & Design

- Museum Studies

Right in the heart of Toronto, the world's most diverse city, the
faculty is located in the center of a thriving campus. This provides an
inspiring background to engage in influential research into critically
relevant questions that bridge aspects of technology and society,
connecting theory and practice.

Faculty and students at the iSchool engage in highly diverse research in
the following areas:

- Archives & Records Management

- Critical Information Studies

- Cultural Heritage

- Information Systems, Media & Design

- Knowledge Management & Information Management

- Library & Information Science

- Philosophy of Information

- Museum Studies

Our doctoral students come from a wide range of scholarly and
professional fields to work with faculty from backgrounds matched to
their specific research interests in terms of subject matter expertise
and complementary knowledge.

The iSchool is home to several interdisciplinary research clusters and
institutes such as the Digital Curation Institute
(http://dci.ischool.utoronto.ca <http://dci.ischool.utoronto.ca/>), the
Knowledge Media Design Institute (http://kmdi.utoronto.ca
<http://kmdi.utoronto.ca/>), and Semaphore (http://semaphore.utoronto.ca
<http://semaphore.utoronto.ca/>). You can find more information about
the labs and institutes at http://ischool.utoronto.ca/institutes-labs
You can learn more about the doctoral program and application process
at: http://www.ischool.utoronto.ca/phd-admissions

We encourage prospective applicants to contact directly faculty members
whose research aligns with their interests.

Please reach out to the Director of Doctoral Studies Leslie Shade, at
leslie.shade at utoronto.ca <mailto:leslie.shade at utoronto.ca>, with
questions about the program.

For general questions and enquiries please contact
admissions.ischool at utoronto.ca <mailto:admissions.ischool at utoronto.ca>

--

Prof Christoph Becker

Assistant Professor, Faculty of Information, University of Toronto

Director, Digital Curation Institute, University of Toronto

Senior Scientist, Vienna University of Technology

http://dci.ischool.utoronto.ca

http://benchmark-dp.org

https://twitter.com/ChriBecker