[Students-l] Smithsonian Libraries Latino Publications Selection intern

Michelle Lubatti michelle.lubatti at gmail.com
Fri May 13 10:18:22 EDT 2011

[Apologies for cross-postings]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rushing, Erin <RushingE at si.edu>
Date: Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:59 AM
Subject: Smithsonian Libraries Latino Publications Selection intern
To: LIS-JOBS at lists.cua.edu

Hello,

We’ve just received funding for a paid internship in August. Details are
below. Please note that *strong Spanish language skills are a must*.

Thanks!

*SIL Latino Publications Selection Intern*:

The intern will aid in the selection and processing of Spanish language
titles from the Smithsonian Libraries collections for digitization.  The
intern will be responsible for working with the heads of our History, Art,
and Anthropology libraries, and with select SI curatorial staff as
recommended by the librarians, to analyze our Spanish language collections
and prioritize titles for digitization.  The selection list will focus on
public domain (out of copyright) titles in Spanish, as well as public domain
titles in other languages which are frequently cited by scholarship in areas
related to Latino studies.  To create the list, curatorial expertise and
vetted bibliographies in Latino studies (where available) will be considered
primary selection tools.  Selection of supporting non-Spanish language
titles will also consider the relative availability of the titles to the
scholarly community.

For this paid internship we seek someone with a strong Spanish language
background (required) currently enrolled in a Latino/Hispanic studies or
history program, or MLS program. The internship begins August 1st and lasts
4 weeks. Internship can be completed either onsite in Washington, DC or
virtually with regular online communications with internship coordinators.
Interns receive a stipend of $500.00 per week.

Application deadline is *June 12th.*

More information (including application instructions) available on our
webpage:

http://www.sil.si.edu/Galaxy.cfm?id=3.2

Erin Clements Rushing

Digital Images Librarian
Digital Services Division, Smithsonian Institution Libraries
Room 2206  MRC 154
10th Street and Constitution Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20013-7012
p. 202.633.1708
f. 202.633.4313
rushinge at si.edu

Do you use SIL images? Take our Galaxy of Images
survey<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SILImages>!