[Studentchapadv] meeting at ASIST

Shawne Miksa SMiksa at unt.edu
Mon Oct 15 15:20:08 EDT 2007

Greetings from Texas!

Very much looking forward to some actual 'cold' weather in Milwaukee. We've been stuck in the 80s and 90s here in North Texas. I hear it might be in the 40s up north--woohoo!

Student Chapters Advisors are scheduled to meet on Monday, Oct 22, 5:15pm, in the room EXECUTIVE D. I hope that all Chapter Advisors who are attending ASIST conference will attend.

If you did not see the posting about the Student Chapter of the Year Award---it was a tie between Simmons and UCLA.  Congrats to both!  We will discuss both this and the student chapter reports at this meeting.

If there has been a change in chapter advising at your school please send that information to me so we can get the list updated on the ASIST website, as well as either subscribe or unsubscribe people to this listserv.  See http://www.asist.org/Chapters/chapters-student.html for the list as it currently stands. I know there are some changes that haven't been made to it.

Our meeting agenda isn't set 100% yet, so if you want to put something in particular on it please let me know.

Finally, student members have been informed (via listserv) about the students-only 'gathering' that will take place in the Presidential Suite. Student Chapter Faculty Advisors --love ya--are more than welcome to contribute "donations" for eats and drinks. Support your students!

most sincerely, best, ta....

Shawne D. Miksa, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
School of Library and Information Sciences
University of North Texas
email: smiksa at unt.edu
http://courses.unt.edu/smiksa/index.htm
office 940-565-3560  fax 940-565-3101