[Studentchapadv] Manual

Candy Schwartz candy.schwartz at simmons.edu
Mon Sep 12 17:14:59 EDT 2005

Hi all

A couple of things -

1) A couple of my students have made the student chapter manual
machine-readable and flexible - it's currently at
http://web.simmons.edu/~mcconihe/student_chapter_manual/student_chapter_manu
al.html. They didn't want to change too much to begin with, but at least now
it's more amenable to modification.

2) Now that all of your students are probably back in school, I plan to send
out a brief survey to students on the nature of student chapters. This is
preparatory to submitting a report on student chapters to Nick. We are
looking for more "agility" (sorry, using that word make me shudder), more
value to students, more support for students, and such like. Are there any
specific questions you would like to suggest for me to include, or issues
and concerns you would like  to see addressed?

As always, thanks,

Candy
Candy Schwartz
Co-Editor, Library & Information Science Research
Simmons College GSLIS, 300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115-5898, USA
Vox: 617.521.2849; Fax: 617.521.3192
candy.schwartz at simmons.edu