[Sigvis-l] 2015-2016 SIG VIS Officers

Diane Pennington diane.pennington at strath.ac.uk
Tue Oct 27 04:58:27 EDT 2015

Dear SIG VIS Members,
On behalf of the SIG VIS Nominating Committee, I am pleased to announce our SIG's officers for the coming year. All four people ran uncontested, so no election is needed. They will be appointed at the Annual Meeting in St. Louis, as we have done in past years for uncontested elections. Their names, positions, and bios are provided below. If there are any questions, please let us know.
Thank you,
SIG VIS Nominating Committee
Diane Rasmussen Pennington, Chris Landbeck, and Andrea Copeland

Chair: Krystyna Matusiak
Dr. Matusiak received her PhD from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.  Prior to the Morgridge College of Education, she worked as academic librarian for 12 years in public services and digitization.  She was the Digital Collections Librarian at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee where she planned and designed over 20 distinct digital collections. Dr. Matusiak also served as a digitization consultant for projects funded by the Endangered Archive Programme at the British Library and assisted digital library projects at the Press Institute of Mongolia in Ulan Baatar, Mongolia and the Al-Aqsa Mosque Library in East Jerusalem. Dr. Matusiak has strong interests in international librarianship and serves as an officer of the IFLA Library Theory and Research Standing Committee. Her research interests include digital library development and evaluation, indexing and retrieval of digital images, usability, and information seeking behavior.
Chair-Elect: Jeremy L. McLaughlin
Thank you for considering me for the position of Chair-Elect for SIG VIS. During the 2014-15 ASIST year, I was Chair of SIG AH and worked with the leadership team on collaborative efforts around programming and events, membership outreach and engagement, and communications efforts. During that time, I also served as Chair of the SJSU ASIST Student Chapter. Both of these positions have given me the opportunity to work with teams across the organization, large and small, and with some success. The areas of membership value and engagement and SIG programming are two that I would like to work on with SIG VIS in the coming year. In addition to my work with ASIST, for over a decade I have been in sales and outreach for publishers and library-related vendors. My research interests include repositories and open platforms in scholarly communications, data visualization, research information and research data management, Digital Humanities and technology applications in the arts and humanities. I currently live in Denver but do not ski or snowboard, so plan to devote my time to SIG activities during the hibernation months.
 Secretary/Treasurer: Hsin-Liang (Oliver) Chen
Hsin-liang Chen is an Associate Professor in the Palmer School of Library and Information at Long Island University.  His research interests center on the applications of information and communication technologies (ICTs) to assist users in accessing and using information in different environments.
Communications: Eka Grguric
Ekatarina (Eka) Grguric is a Fellow at North Carolina State University Libraries working in the User Experience department on the Web Team and in the Digital Libraries Initiatives department on an initiative to support Open Science activity at NCSU. She recently completed an MLIS at the University of British Columbia iSchool (SLAIS: The School of Library, Archival and Information Studies) during which she took courses focused on topics in Human Computer Interaction.
Diane M. Rasmussen Pennington, PhD
Lecturer (Assistant Professor)
Department of Computer and Information Sciences
University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland
diane.pennington at strath.ac.uk
+44 (0)141 548 3900
http://personal.cis.strath.ac.uk/diane.pennington/
The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC015263.