[Sigvis-l] Annual Meeting Proposal - Visualization, Arts, Digital Humanities

Sarah Buchanan sarahab at ucla.edu
Fri Apr 20 11:24:41 EDT 2012

Hi SIG VIS,

I wanted to quickly draw your attention to the current issue of the ASIST
Bulletin, at http://www.asist.org/bulletin.html , which features
information visualization and digital humanities topics. Many thanks to
those of you who contributed!

As the papers will no doubt help shed light on the topic of the digital
humanities for many ASIS&T members, we are hoping to put together a panel
proposal for the annual meeting to be held in Baltimore at the end of
October this year. The panel would present research collaborations that
have occurred among digital humanists and information scientists. The
presentations included in this panel would introduce projects which apply
information science tools and technologies to the research problems of
humanities scholars to show how useful these collaborative efforts can be
to research in both domains.

As the proposal is due by the 30th of this month, we need to work quickly
to pull everything together. Please let us know if you would be interested
in participating by Monday: Sarah Buchanan <sarahab at ucla.edu> and Joan
Beaudoin <Joan.Beaudoin at wayne.edu> . We will need a blurb of text about
your presentation ideas at that time too, so we can start to develop a
formal proposal.

Again, please let me know at sarahab at ucla.edu if you are interested in
participating, and feel free to share this with your colleagues. I look
forward to seeing you in Baltimore later this year!

Thank you,
Sarah

Sarah Buchanan
Chair, SIG Arts & Humanities, 2011-12, and member of the ASIST 75th
Anniversary Task Force
Archivist, Librarian, The Meadows School, Las Vegas, Nev.
Archivist, The Neon Museum  |  http://neonmuseum.org<http://neonmuseum.org/>